Office Re-Opening Announcement
We are so excited to welcome our existing patients and new patients back to our office on 06/01/2020
As always, your safety, health, patient experience, and clinical care remain our top priorities. We are implementing the additional precautions listed below to ensure the well-being of our patients and the team.
Infection Control Measures and Safety Enhancements during COVID-19
- Because we are a free-standing building with no other tenants, we have the unique ability to screen anyone that enters our premises. This will be the new standard.
- Patients will call the office at Summit Dental Partners Phone Number 908-499-8707 once they are in the parking lot. They are to remain in their cars until an SDP team member meets them outside to escort them in. Access to the building will be granted by utilizing strict protocols including:
- Ensuring that pre-appointment COVID-19 screening questionnaires have been satisfactorily completed and reviewed.
- Taking temperatures using a no-touch infrared thermometer.
- Making sure that a mask is worn at all times; we will provide you with one if you do not have one.
- Sanitizing hands prior to entering.
- If all of these protocols are met, only the patient with a scheduled appointment will be granted access. There are no walk-in appointments. If necessary, a patient is permitted to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, so long as the parent or guardian has completed all of the screening measures listed above and remains in the reception room during the appointment. Our clinical area is restricted to patients and office personnel at this point.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed in the office.
- For those entering the building, you will notice the following changes:
- Our coffee stations and magazines have temporarily been removed. You will also notice that our gaming room is temporarily closed.
- Sneeze-guards have been installed by the reception desk to maintain distance between patients and team members.
- All of our dental chairs will be covered by disposable liners that are changed between each patient. All other “touchable” surfaces will continue to be covered with disposable liners, as always.
- We have introduced a pre-procedural rinse to reduce exposure to germs.
- In order to minimize aerosol spray in our office, the following measures have been taken:
- All of our treatment rooms are private rooms with the option to close doors should an aerosol-producing procedure be necessary.
- We have purchased additional intra-oral suctioning devices to minimize the aerosol spray. The Isolite uses continuous suction to reduce aerosols and splatter in dental procedures.
- We have purchased extra-oral suctioning devices as well. The Vaniman Vanguard Gold Mobile safely captures.
- You will notice medical-grade air purifiers located throughout the office. Our Medify Air units have H13 filters, allowing for 99.7 % particle removal. Our Novoaerus units are hospital-grade, and they provide non-chemical continuous air disinfection. Both the Medify Air units and the Novoaerus units help protect our patients and the team.
- Hopefully, you have already noticed how seriously we take keeping our office clean, maintaining sanitary conditions, and keeping you and your family safe. While this is nothing new for us, as yet another layer of protection, our professional cleaning service will now be steam cleaning all furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
- You will definitely notice that we look different! We will be wearing:
- FDA cleared N95 and KN95 masks which have been professionally fit-tested, these masks will be covered by a Level 2 or 3 surgical mask overlay
- Scrubs, scrub caps, and disposable lab jackets
- Face shields
- Eye protection
As you can see, we have remained very busy during this closure preparing for our re-opening. We at Summit Dental Partners always strive to go above and beyond for our patients, and the above-listed modifications and changes we have implemented in light of current events are no exception. Our commitment to the safety of our patients and team knows no limits.
– Dr. Jill Schwartz and Dr. Dayna Zoller